To have one of our Travel Concierges call you, please fill out the form below.
Distance from hotel to Sangster International Airport (MBJ), 90 minutes.
The Caves rests on the westernmost tip of Jamaica in Negril. All though only a few miles away from the bustling Negril strip, the private enclave of The Caves is a world apart. Ten hand- crafted wood and stone thatch-roofed cottages are interwoven between two acres of lush vegetation and cavernous caves, each with sea views. The Caves is perched above Negril’s natural volcanic formed caves overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
The walls of the cliffs feature a series of grottos with ancient fossilized marine life for guests to explore. Below the caves, the water plunges down to depths of 30 feet and a tropical reef system comes right up to the edge of the caves, perfect for snorkeling. An arrangement of coral stairs and walkways leads to sun-decks and grottos, and guests can climb down ladders into the sea for swimming.
The Caves is best described as an exclusive villa resort; it is intimate and very private and offers a unique experience. Vacationing here is a lot like staying at an exotic vacation home of good friends, and the property is physically structured and operated as such. It is a place to escape and relax.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Due to the nature of The Caves facilities and the resort’s vacation environment, children under 16 years are not permitted in the main resort.
2016 One Bedroom Garden View Cottage (2 Birds) – 2 adults.
• One Bedroom Partial Oceanview Cottage (1 Drop) – 2 adults.
• One Bedroom Blue Hole View Suite – 2 adults.
• One Bedroom Oceanview Suite – 2 adults. Two Bedroom Oceanview Cottage (Moonshadow) – 4 adults.
• Two Bedroom Oceanfront Cottage (Sundancer) – 4 adults.
One Bedroom Garden View Cottage(*), (2 Birds) A one-bedroom cottage with a garden view, this cottage is the definition of a lover’s paradise. Its queen-sized bed and homey sitting area – distinguished by a fan of windows giving way to a canvas of tropical bliss – wed the beauty of the natural exterior with the serenity of interior respite. This accommodation also features a sensual outdoor shower.
One Bedroom Partial Oceanview Cottage(*), (One Drop) A cozy one-bedroom housed in a spacious A-frame cottage, this cottage is the closest one-bedroom cottage to the ocean on property. Cool white interiors offset by vibrant reds define the rich, romantic mood. This cottage features a queen-sized bed, a writing desk situated under a beautifully hand-painted glass window and an inset couch highlighted by a lovely view. The outdoor shower offers the perfect way to commune comfortably and organically with nature.
One Bedroom Blue Hole View Suite(*), (Blue Hole) Blue Hole is a ground floor one-bedroom suite with a gorgeous ocean view offset by refreshing aqua interiors. Its living area, outfitted with a charming desk nook, leads onto a back veranda where you can watch the waves splash against the subterranean caves through a carved out “blue hole.” This accommodation features a unique king-sized bed, with a beautifully hand- carved bed-head, that is molded into the center of the room. Wicker fittings and original woodwork complete the elegant composition.
One Bedroom Oceanview Suite(*), these accommodations can be any of the suites mentioned below (Blue Dolphin, Bird’s Nest, Butterfly, Sea Turtle, Macka Tree or Stardust), please see descriptions below for specific details.
Blue Dolphin, Blue Dolphin is a ground floor one-bedroom suite with a tastefully furnished front patio and incomparable ocean view. Its beautifully hand-carved king-sized bed and hand-molded interior shower and bath are a delight for the senses. This cottage also features glass block embellishments in the bathroom and a small seating area for two in the bedroom, which is accented by a lush garden view.
Bird’s Nest, a sumptuous second story deluxe suite with a picture-perfect ocean view, Bird’s Nest is the essence of privacy and intimacy. This accommodation features a hand-carved king-sized bed, comfortable wicker furnishings and a high A-framed ceiling. A cool mint green palette offsets tropical artistic motifs. The indoor bathroom, complete with a shower and tub, is almost a suite unto itself.
Butterfly, is a second story one-bedroom deluxe suite with high ceilings and a handcrafted king-sized bed. Its two main seating areas, incredible oceanfront views and overall atmosphere of unself-conscious Caribbean luxury make it the ideal island-style home-and-away retreat.
Sea Turtle, An enchanting ground floor one-bedroom suite, Sea Turtle features a hand-carved king-sized bed as well as a one-of-a-kind hand-molded oversized bathtub, complete with a portal opening onto the living area. The undulating ocean view and calm serenity make this an essential accommodation for those seeking stylish relaxation in refined Caribbean surrounds.
Macka Tree, a second floor deluxe suite, Macka Tree is among the more popular of our one bedroom. A sweeping ocean view from a generously portioned king-sized bed with a signature cut-wood facade makes this cottage an ideal honeymoon retreat. Delicate draping separating the lounge and desk areas emote a day-for-night atmosphere of custom-tailored romance.
Stardust, Perched at the cliffs edge directly overlooking the ocean, Stardust is a deluxe one-bedroom self-contained cottage. The second story bedroom is highlighted by a cozy sitting area offset by a view-worthy balcony. The ground floor features a small living room, kitchenette and veranda, which is ideal for exclusive dining under a blanket of stars. Located next to The Sands by the Negril Lighthouse, Stardust’s slightly removed location assures complete privacy from the main areas of the property.
Two Bedroom Oceanview Cottage(*), (Moonshadow) A beautifully appointed two-story deluxe cottage, this is almost a fully functioning home. Its downstairs kitchenette and lounge area, with a breakfast counter and bar stools, provide all the amenities necessary for group or couples accommodation. The guest bedroom and outdoor shower complete the ground floor. The master bedroom occupies the entire upper floor to grand effect. A king-sized bed faces the ocean, which can be viewed from a lovely patio area. Inset window seating, warm blue interiors and louvered doors ensure a cozy atmosphere from sunrise to sunset.
Two Bedroom Oceanfront Cottage(*), A deluxe two-bedroom cottage, offers a unique fusion of contemporary comfort complimented by warm Jamaican design. It’s second floor master bedroom with a king-sized bed overlooking the ocean through louvered doors which lead to a balcony, invokes the true essence of an exclusive island escape. The ground floor guest bedroom features a queen-sized bed with an ocean view and a small writing desk. This accommodation’s living area, kitchenette with breakfast counter and bar stools, and front and back porches are well suited to absolute comfort in absolute paradise.
• All downstairs suites (Blue Hole, Blue Dolphin & Sea Turtle) including Two Birds and One Drop have air conditioning. The rest of the accommodations do not have air conditioning.
• All upstairs suites including the the downstairs bedrooms of Moon Shadow and Sundancer have mosquito nets.
More Accommodation Details:
• The Cave offers 11 Cliffside accommodations (two 1-bedroom cottages, seven 1-bedroom suites, and two 2-bedroom cottages) plus one luxury 3-bedroom villa with double occupancy annex. Each colourful, wooden, thatched roof cottage features louvered windows, hand-crafted wood and wicker furnishings and one-of- a-kind artwork. Amenities include: 24-hour self service bar, all suites and cottages have air conditioning, CD players & CD libraries, telephones, data ports, TV, DVD players & DVD library (available upon request) and a coffee maker. Other in-room amenities include ceramic scented-oil diffusers, bathrobes, internet access in all rooms and wireless access in the main common areas,
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: safe, telephone, television, turndown service (nightly), maid service (twice daily), bathrobes, fax (available upon request), hairdryer and VCR.
• Complimentary car transfers from the Negril Aerodome
• Glasses and a selection of beverages
• Ceiling and standing fans
• Down pillows and cotton sheets
• Bath and beach towels
Cd Player CD/cassette stereo players w/Palm Pictures CD Library
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Sauna Oceanview Sauna Jacuzzi Cliff side Jacuzzi Miscellaneous Amenities
• Stairs and walkways for easy access to the sea
• Private hot tub for two in a furnished cave (reservations are required)
• Saltwater Swimming Pool
• Guided snorkeling tour (an adventure through the caves and grottos with a certified lifeguard)
• Private Cave Dining (reservations are required, available at an additional cost to guests)
• Weekly Cooking & Mixology Classes (Tuesdays) Note: the day the classes are offered are subject to change. Tours & Excursions $: ($) Authentic land and sea excursions Spa: ($) Aveda mini spa Internet Access (wireless) Wireless internet access in main area ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
The Cave Restaurant – Evening Area small full service restaurant offering dinner.
The Cave Restaurant – Morning / Afternoon Area small full service restaurant offering, breakfast and lunch.
• This is wholesome home cooking at its very finest! A variety of sumptuous dishes prepared using fresh local produce are served up daily, from authentic Jamaican Jerk barbecues to magnificent candlelit 5-course affairs. Dine in an oceanfront gazebo, at a hand-crafted stone table under the stars at the cliffs edge, or reserve a private cave dinner (the Cave Dinner is at an additional cost), strewn with fresh bougainvillea petals and lit by candlelight.
Delcious pumpkin soup, plenty of umbrellas, and outdoor showers in the room