10 Romantic Things To Do On Vacation
We love helping couples book their romantic getaways, honeymoons, or anniversary trips! But we also want to make sure you take advantage of your dreamy location and your time with your significant other, especially if it’s one of our Top Romantic Destinations to Rekindle the Romance. Here are top things to do on a romantic vacation:
- Unplug: Get off your phones, put the cameras away, and turn off the TV. There are numerous benefits to unplugging. Limit yourself to checking your phone at the beginning of the day so you can spend the rest of your time taking in your surroundings and connecting in real life with your partner.
- Get the honeymoon suite: It may not necessarily be your honeymoon, but you could always use some extra luxury and perks to make you feel like newlyweds again. Many of our preferred resorts have special packages like a free anniversary night!
Intercontinental Bora Bora, Tahiti
- Order in and have breakfast (or any meal) in bed: Stay in your pjs or your robe and have breakfast come to you! You have the room, you might as well enjoy it, and enjoy some delicious food, too. May we suggest ordering champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for two?
- Get intimate: If you want to lock the door and just be alone, so be it. You don’t have to worry about being tired, having stress from work, or who’s in the other room. A romantic trip is for you to enjoy each other’s company, especially in the bedroom.
- Take a walk: Go for a walk on the beach, or ask the concierge a recommended trail, or local serene location. You may not have the freedom to take a walk, the two of you, during your busy lives at home. Grab your significant other’s hand and go.
Long Bay Beach Club, British Virgin Island
- Watch the sunset: Seeing the sun set in the distance slows down time for a moment and lets you reflect on the day. It also makes a great backdrop for a photo shoot.
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, Hawaii
- Take a selfie: You are allowed to use your phone to take pictures, of course! There may not always be someone to take a picture for you, but you should take a few to document your trip. No social media sharing necessary, but obviously post as you wish.
- Explore: Discover something new, together. Go off the beaten path, try a new sport or activity, and enjoy both being out of your comfort zones.
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, St. Thomas
- Go on a date night: Although a romantic vacation may be one long date, dress up and splurge on one dinner, especially if you are celebrating an anniversary or occasion. Our personal preference is candlelit, secluded and on the beach, but to each his own!
Riu Palace, Bahamas
- Pamper yourselves: Couples massages are perfect intimate and relaxing activity for a romantic getaway. Treat yourself to the spa amenities, preferably at the beginning of your trip to get you as relaxed as possible as soon as possible.
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, Mexico